Monday, October 20, 2008

Army Doctor Aggrevation...

Ok so I went to see my regular dr on Oct 1 to confirm my pregnancy. At that point I was already 8 weeks along. He then referred me to a certain dr at Metroplex which is a non-post hospital and is what I preferred. My dr told me they would be contacting me within 3-4 days to set up my OBGYN appt. I was thinking ok surely I'll get in soon. Well someone calls me about a week later and schedules me for my first appt on Oct31. Yeah that's right, a whole month later. A few days later, upon talking with a friend of mine, she told me my first visit I'll only be filling out paperwork..that's it. So on my 12 1/2 week visit I'll be filling out paperwork instead of hearing my baby's heartbeat and seeing that everything is ok! Unbelievable! Then at that appt they will schedule me for my actual physical where I can find out everything is progressing normally and see and hear my baby's heartbeat...I'll be at least 14 weeks at that point, if I'm lucky to get in in two weeks. I am so frustrated about this. I mean seriously, I had to wait one month to fill out paperwork...how ridiculous is that!! Oh and come to find out I was referred to the wrong dr. My appt is at Darnell-the hospital on post-not Metroplex which is where I wanted to go.
I just feel like there is no sense of urgency and I definitely don't feel taken care of by the Army at this point. I'm being caused undue stress that my baby doesn't need. I am trying really hard to not stress out and to not let it bother me too much. But I am very disappointed in how Army spouses are treated sometimes.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That totally sucks, I'm sorry! I thought maybe they could combine that. I wish you could see a regular doctor. If I was still there and had to go to Darnell I would be totally freaked out, I have to say I love my doctor here. He's awesome. I'm glad that you'll be moving though and won't have to be there to have your baby.